Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tilapia Thursday

You have to take the tradition, and decorate it your way.

I love driving to work on a sunny morning, it makes the day seem brighter! I feel so recharged this morning and credit it to making it to the gym last night. I have been feeling so sluggish and tired lately - probably because it had been 4 days since I had last worked out. Maybe I should start listening to my body.


Sorry, doing my time sheets always makes me a little crazy. I needed to take a 5 minute break before me eyes popped out of my head!

Last night I pre-made my whole wheat waffle mix and threw it in the refrigerator so it would be ready for me in the morning. I left out the oil and added a heaping spoonful of my protein to the batter. I told you I would find ways to incorporate it into my cooking! All I had to do this morning was plop some batter onto my waffle maker and two minutes later my breakfast was complete. I topped it with the SF syrup I bought yesterday.

Whole Wheat and Protein Waffles

Why haven't I bought SF syrup sooner? It only has 20 calories per 1/4 cup or 5 calories per tablespoon. (How do you like that math?) I couldn't resist making another sun dried tomato panini wrap for lunch with half an apple. I used half the amount of chicken (1/2 thin chicken breast) and added more spinach. It hit the spot...this might just be my new go to lunch item. You could easily make it vegetarian by eliminating the meat or adding soy and more veggies (corn and black bean will be my next duo).

My new favorite quickie meal!

I always like seeing lots of photos on blogs so I am doing my best to keep up with it! I also took another pre-workout photo. I grabbed two magazines and headed to the gym to do an hour on the elliptical and hit the weights.

I definitely worked out my abs today! ;-)

On my way in to the gym I slipped on two separate patches of ice. I think I screamed like a little girl. Klutz! Even if you are in a relationship, a girl loves hearing compliments and being hit on from time to time right? It boosts your self esteem and puts an extra pep in your step. Leaving the gym (red face and sweat stains) I got hit on and I think it's safe to tell you it made me feel that much better for driving to the gym tonight!

For dinner I made tilapia with asparagus and couscous. Pretty simple but pretty delicious. I won't bore you with these recipes because they were all extremely easy and self explanatory. I think I might start up fishy Fridays again. I forgot how easy fish was to make... I've been living in a turkey and chicken world lately!


For dessert I made my sorbet again. It was just too good last night and took a whopping 3 minutes to make. You can find the recipe here and use any frozen fruit you want. I used half fresh mango and half frozen peaches tonight. Is it bad I had to google "how to cut a mango"? I never have before. Is that strange?

peaches, mango and 3 tablespoons OJ
i popped this in the freezer while i finished up tonights post!
Working in the interactive department you find lots of cool websites. My friend Lindsay found this one today. How did they do that?!

I have been keeping a close eye on groupon and living social lately. I figure around holidays they break out extra good specials. If you want to make the drive to upstate NY this deal is for you. It looks so romantic and comes at a good price!

Day Seven of my 30 Day Blog Challenge:

What are your favorite movies?
1. The Notebook
2. Transformers
3. Devil Wears Prada
4. Sleeping Beauty
5. Anything with Katherine Heigl
6. Boondock Saints
7. The Town

Those are just a few. I am a total wuss when it comes to scary movies. I even jumped in Black Swan. I know I'm not the only one that got freaked out from a few of those scenes!

Off to enjoy my sorbet bloggets!

xoxo,
Cara

0 comments:

Post a Comment