Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fish Tacos for Cinco de Mayo

Can you tell from my lack of recent posts that vacation is over and I'm back at work? That's okay because I have a full week, including lots of Mother's Day activities, a crab feast to attend and CL's sisters dance recital!

I also plan on hitting up our local farmers market at some point this weekend too. You can find fresh soft shell crabs at the farmers market in Baltimore so count me in!

Tonight I was in the mood to celebrate Cinco de Mayo a little early. When we go out to eat, if there are fish tacos on the menu you better believe I am ordering it!


My Homemade Fish Tacos
4 filets of tilapia (fresh or frozen)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Old Bay Seasoning
Cumin
Red Cabbage
Corn
Cilantro (from my own herb garden)
Fat free sour cream
Chipotle Sauce
Guacamole
Red Onion
Tortillas

Directions:
Season your tilapia filets with the Old Bay and Cumin. You can use as little - or much as you'd like! I love Old Bay so I had a heavy hand ;-)
Cook your tilapia in the lime juice and olive oil.
Chop your red cabbage, onion, and cilantro. Remove corn from the cob (fresh corn is finally in season!)
Break down your tilapia once cooked with a spatula.
Add chipotle sauce and cumin to your sour cream. Again, this is your sauce - make it as spicy or tame as you'd like!
Assemble your tacos and enjoy!!



I served mine up with some homemade potato chips! Healthier and much more filling!




Check out the other WIAW posts over at Jenn's blog {Peas and Crayons}

I have decided this will be my last week having a gym membership. The weather is getting warmer and I find myself running outside at least every other day and CL bought me the Jillian Michael 30 day shred! I can't wait to use this for my toning. He has been running with me more often and is really proud of my results! Gotta keep it up ;-)

I have taken on the task of making brunch for my mom, sister and grandma for Mother's Day! I have a few ideas up my sleeve including a lemon cake with blueberries and a lemon glaze for dessert!

What is your favorite light brunch recipe? Link it up!

12 comments:

  1. Hooray for an early Cinco de Mayo celebration!! I love the fish tacos with the very vibrant spicy sauce :) Mmm those homemade tatter chips look amazing. Very awesome WIAW eats ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish tacos are my favorite Mexican meal, and I'll definitely be ordering them tomorrow IF we can get into a restaurant. (Big IF!). However, if that doesn't happen, now I have this fabulous recipe and I can whip them up myself) :-)

    Your homemade potato chips look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i LOVE fish tacos! YUM YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fish tacos are so good! And I love that there's guac on the top! You're going to love the 30-day shred! It's made me so much stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CL's mom has the 30DS, he actually got me the ripped in 30 so hopefully it helps for memorial day weekend at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look delicious, Cara! I love fish tacos so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fish tacos are so amazing! Fun fact fish taco sales have gone up 23% since 2010

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh its breakfast time! You made me so flipping hungry! For some reason i've never made fish tacos -- totally want/need to - STAT! <3

    Hope you had an awesome cinco de mayo! mwah!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun that you're making brunch! I think brunch is the best meal ever - next to linner of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lemon blueberry cake sounds soooo good. I've been dreaming of that combo for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I love fish tacos when they are done right!

    I had ahi tuna ones, and worst mistake ever : p they were no good!

    ReplyDelete