Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lately

Whew! A lot has been going on!

First and foremost, thank you to everyone who sent their congratulations on mine and CL's engagement! We are so thankful to have so many supportive and loving people in our lives. 

We have been busy looking at houses, venues and celebrating with family and friends!

The day after our engagement I also accepted a position with another advertising agency in Baltimore. I am excited to continuously have the opportunity to grow in this industry! 

I was also on TV twice! My DIY Chalkboard Wine Glasses were featured on the Today Show (thanks Elena for pushing me to enter!) and myself and my co-workers were featured on the local news supporting the Ravens!

Check out the Today Show here.

Check out Fox45 here.

Feel free to make fun of me for the Purple Friday segment. I had my nervous laugh going and had no idea what to say once the camera started rolling!

So, as you can see lots of new and exciting things have been happening! When it rains, it pours and I will definitely take all the rain I can get :)

My friend Lindsay taught me and my co-workers how to make DIY Leaf Flowers

This is a great idea for Thanksgiving! Make sure you pick the leaves now as they are changing colors and still attached to the tree. The "flowers" will dry perfectly and you can make a bouquet for your centerpiece. 

I'm searching meat-free Thanksgiving dishes to bring this year so I have plenty of options! Any suggestions?




1 comment:

  1. Congrats again, Cara! This is YOUR moment to shine, and I'm so happy you're enjoying every minute of it! I'm absolutely thrilled for you and CL, and look forward to following along as you prep for your wedding!

    How exciting that you were featured on The Today show! Wowza, you go! You definitely deserve the recognition. :-) And I loved watching the Purple Friday segment--such a fun tradition.

    Let me know when you come to DC! xoxo

    ReplyDelete