Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We set a date!

This past weekend we made the most important wedding decision. We picked a date and venue!

Next November we will be saying "I do" at the Belvedere in Baltimore! It was once a hotel that Sarah Jessica Parker, John F. Kennedy and Woodrow Wilson stayed at. I absolutely adore the venue and it's architecture!


Crossing that off my wedding to-do list was a huge relief! The moment I walked into the Belvedere my heart skipped a beat. It is so elegant and I could instantly picture myself marrying CL there.

I originally dreamed of getting married at a vineyard, with a cream, taupe, and eggplant color scheme. I practically had it all planned on Pinterest. But the more I thought about it, I started second guessing my decision. We had found the perfect venue in Bluemont, VA at a gorgeous vineyard, I found photographers I loved in the area and had even talked to the caterers about possible menus. Something just wasn't right. I wasn't as excited as I had hoped. It was almost like I was planning someone else's wedding.

I'm so happy with our decision and can't wait for next November! We are doing a pink and gold theme. It goes with the venue perfectly and has the romantic feel I've always wanted! 

Next on our list is choosing a wedding photographer and videographer. I also want to start collecting centerpiece ideas to show our florist!

Question: Did you have a videographer? I have gotten mixed feedback!

6 comments:

  1. omg how fabulous girl :) i loveeee the venue of your choice! we actually aren't getting a videographer (sad) because our photographer was a lil more then we planned but we realize his pictures will be amazing and def worth the $ ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the belvedere!! Cant wait to see the rest of your planning - Congrats Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO exciting, and it looks totally glamorous and gorgeous!!

    My buddy had one of her friends video tape their wedding for about $300 who just happened to have a decent video camera. It certainly wasn't one of those videos that could go on Style Me Pretty, but it was lovely, and an affordable way for her to capture the moving memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It is SUCH a huge relief when you finally choose the venue. I was torn between totally different venues as well, and I went with my gut ... glad I did!
    xx Lexi
    FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
    WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

    ReplyDelete