Monday, January 2, 2012

Bridesmaids Gift: Painted Wine Glasses

Break is over... wahhh. I have enjoyed being off work for a week and a half. Especially being able to wake up late, make a healthy and delicious breakfast and go to the gym whenever I wanted. 

I made a batch of black bean soup and premade tomorrow's salad so I have lunch covered for the week. Soup is one of those things that is so easy to make and I never get sick of.

Today's workout was 35 minutes on the AMT elliptical and a mile and a half run on the treadmill. All of which was spent watching food network and Sex and the City. Let me just say, watching SJP walk around her apartment half naked with a six pack was very motivating. 

After coming home from the gym I whipped us up the same salads as yesterday and made some wild rice for Chris to have for the week. I could eat the fuji apple salad every day and not get sick of it (fingers crossed). 

I decided to invite all of the bridesmaids (not including mine or CL's sisters) to dinner so everyone could meet and get to know each other. I wanted everyone to get a chance to hang out, especially since we all will be spending a good amount of time together over the next 10 months! I knew since the moment I became engaged that I wanted to do something special for my bridesmaids. I know being in a wedding is a big responsibility and can be expensive and I really wanted to make sure my girls knew how much I appreciate them. 



Pin It
I bought some cute wedding cake stickers and pink stationary at the craft store and wrote a special note to each of the girls. I have different memories with each of them and love them all for so many reasons! I topped the letters with the quote, "As I prepare for the day that I'm to be a bride. It means the world to have you sipping by my side!". 

To go with that quote, I painted each girl a wine glass in our wedding colors with their name and our wedding date on the base. *Note: I first used regular acrylic paint that wasn't dishwasher safe and then bought a clear varnish to paint over it and it still washed off after testing. Make sure you buy dishwasher safe acrylic paint. Martha Stewart has several at Michaels!


Each girl got their own designed wine glass and a mini bottle of wine to go with it!
 

Pin It
I think they all turned out so cute and will definitely be put to good use! It'll be a good photo opp for us to have matching wine glasses for wine festivals, the bridal shower and bachelorette party :)


Of course I had to make one for myself ;-) It's so exciting writing Mrs. Lucas! I added a few extra gems on mine. I love Chevron!


I wrapped the gifts up nice and pretty and I'm so glad the girls loved them! I have such a great group of girls supporting me on my big day. I can't wait!


Did you ask your bridesmaids in a special way? I know a girl who made chocolate cookie cakes for each girl asking them. It was so cute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment