Friday, September 28, 2012

Trader Joe Fall Favs

Who doesn't love Trader Joes? Especially when you are greeted with stacks of pumpkins and mums on your way inside? Next year I'm tempted to decorate our front door step with those Cinderella pumpkins on the right. I love the white ones!

 

I saw this pumpkin Greek yogurt on Trader Joes website when I was looking for dinner inspiration and crossed my fingers that my local store had it in stock. I can't wait to try it with some sliced apples, cinnamon and maybe even a drizzle of honey. Ugh, mouth watering...


I had to pick up some avocados when I saw they were only 99 cents. I love the sign that they put up - who knew that storing an avocado half with a piece of raw onion in the fridge would keep it from browning?! Thanks for the tip TJ!


I am obsessed with these and am so excited to find them at the store again! I love spreading the the fig butter on toast - it tastes just like a fig newton bar! The honey apple butter is amazing also - and I love that these have no fat (and only 40 calories and 9g of sugar per tbs). I haven't tried the pumpkin butter yet.

If you pick these up, look on the side of the label for their suggestions of how to use it - the pumpkin butter's label says, "We suggest using Trader Joe's Pumpkin Butter as a pastry filling, poultry glaze, ice cream topping, on toast or mixed with fat free cream cheese for a unique spread." It also gives you simple instructions for turning it into pumpkin soup!


I have such a hard time finding Quinoa in grocery stores so I always grab some when I am at TJ's. I'm planning on making BBQ chicken quinoa salad one night this week.


Canned pumpkin. Enough said. I'm sure I could find a way to use this in 2 seconds looking on Pinterest.


Last, but not least. I found the gem - pumpkin spice coffee... and  get this - for only $3.99. If I wasn't sold at pumpkin spice, I was definitely sold on that price. I can't wait to try this with some vanilla or caramel creamer. I might need to stock up on this!


I also grabbed some eucalyptus and placed it on our entry table - it's already made the entire first floor smell amazing. I love fall!

0 comments:

Post a Comment