Friday, December 21, 2012

Downstairs 1/2 Bath Inspiration Board

Now that the dining room and living room are in a good place (i.e. they have actual furniture/set look planned) I can move onto brainstorming for the next room. Ideally that would be the kitchen, but since I have future plans that we need to price out and we don't want to cut corners I'll stick to working with our downstairs half bath instead.

Our current downstairs half bath includes fabulous pink walls, a matching pink toilet and a floral border. Totally our style... NOT!

I'll never understand why people go for the "in" color and not stick to the basic white when it comes to tiles, showers and toilets. Never. Have no fear, I have a plan that utilizes the existing vanity while completely transforming the space. I'm hoping to get a jump start on this over the Christmas break since Chris and I are both home for the week.

 

I have been loving on navy lately, and I think half baths are the perfect space to throw a dark, moody color on the wall. By stripping and sanding our current vanity + possibly adding legs to the base we can create a completely new look while saving some costs. I love those door pulls and they definitely fit the style I am looking for.

I think by using these tiles I saw at Home Depot + adding horizontal wall planks or white molding to the wall I can get away with a dark paint color and dark floors without making the room feel entirely like a cave. 

I'm thinking a chrome round mirror, or even a DIY wood mirror would look awesome and adding some white photo ledges would be make switching out photos easy. 



8 comments:

  1. I love dark bathrooms, too. When I have a house of my own, I want to paint a half-bath a chocolate brown color. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is really instructive! This is a exceptionally good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to start my own blog soon but I’m having

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you like to visit my blog later? Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still saw several posts during my visit, but the text was neat and readable.

    ReplyDelete