Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend's weather made me crave Spring...badly. Does anyone else feel that way? I'm tired of it being dark when I wake up and dark when I get off work. I always feel more productive when the sun is shining!

Friday night Chris and I stayed in and watched Loopers. I threw the ingredients for enchilada chili in the crock pot before going to work so dinner was served when we got home.

 

I persuaded Chris into helping me attach the glass to two cabinet doors we transformed into glass front with the help from my boss. I read a few blogs that recommended using silicone caulk to apply the glass and that worked well for us too!


After letting it rest a full 24 hours we re-hung the cabinet door to the box. I'm waiting a few days for the paint to fully cure inside before placing our glasses in there. Better safe than sorry! We also have to do touch up caulking/painting to a few spots.


I also finished up painting the upper cabinet frames and boxes (3 coats) this weekend. Painting your cabinets + working a full time job = a project like this lasts a few weeks. But, it's totally worth it. The kitchen already seems brighter and more open with only the top cabinets done. I can picture the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been following YHL's direction of sanding, deglossing, priming and then painting which seems a bit much, but I want the paint to be durable and last the long haul. I'm adding a subway back splash after our new counters are installed so I'm not too worried about the paint on the wall.

Instead of watching paint dry, I dragged Chris with me to World Market where I had put our side table on hold.


We tested out dining chairs for my friend Nikki. These were approved by Chris!


I really loved this bright curtain panel and thought it would be fun in a dining room for an added pop. 


I love wicker chairs! I would love these for our kitchen table or as bar stools for an island. They are actually a lot more comfortable than imagined.

World Market ended up disappointing and didn't actually hold our side table for us (thanks for the 50 minute drive each way), so we drove back home with me pouting the entire way - yes, I still pout and yes, I see a future with pouty kids. I ended up purchasing the side table online and found a 10% off coupon which evened out the shipping costs.



Sunday involved pancakes (peanut butter chocolate chip) for breakfast and being lazy while watching the movie Brave. Which is the best kind of Sunday to have in my book.

2 comments:

  1. Psh no mention of the Raven game!? That was one of the best games I've seen in a long long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! The reason we went home with me pouting instead of driving to Bethesda was so we wouldn't miss the game. But it was an exciting game with lots of screaming from Chris!

    ReplyDelete