Friday, July 19, 2013

MARYLAND HEAT WAVE

It's Friday!! This heat wave in Maryland has made it almost unbearable to be outside unless you are in a swimming pool with a cold drink in your hand.




I woke up and walked downstairs this morning to find our windows full of steam at 7:30. Insane! That's when you know it's going to be a hot day. 

PS - I finally finished painting our deck by waking up at 6:30 yesterday morning to put on the last layer of paint. I persuaded my mom to come over to help bring up our furniture with chia seeds and chocolate bars from Trader Joes ;-)


One good thing about the heat is my gladiolas are popping up like crazy! My mom gave me a bag of mixed color bulbs for mother's day (my puppies are my babes) so it's been fun watching all of the different colors bloom. I love this multi-colored one!

Trouts in New Market, MD is having a sale on lobstaasss this Saturday so I plan on heading there tomorrow morning to pick up 2 steamed lobsters to make lobster rolls for the Reggae wine fest on Sunday. This is my favorite Linganore wine fest - they also have a Reggae fest in October if you don't want to venture out in the heat. It's a great time and awesome live bands. 

Stay cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment